Friday, 5 February 2016

Going through recently found Street Images from other photographers.

As I look through other street photography I sort of notice a pattern in most of the images although they're all very different , it's obvious that they're based around street and most of the ones you see have concrete in them and man made objects, it's the way photographers can show certain things in the images, whether it's battling a concern in today's society such as taking images of police doing something they may or may not do, pictures of riots, or it could even be the art around the street that normal commuters may not seem, OR even well timed shots, there are many different ways to get really good shots in the street.
This image is packed with things to look at, what mainly stands out is the two people kissing on the right, as the woman is wearing pink, looking at mine compared to all these images are completely different, I haven't really had a good go at daytime street photography yet as I've been out a few times but Cardiff doesn't seem to be as active as this to fit in one picture, but soon I will get some really good shots that I will be very happy with.
(IMAGE TAKEN BY GUS POWELL)
Cardiff After Dark
I actually really like this photo, I like how quickly the photographer may have had to think to capture this, the couple or people probably about the have a one night stand are focused in the background as the foreground is blurry with the writing "You won't tell your mummy, will you?". I'm unsure where this advert is from but it seems funny as this girl in the background could possibly be 16-17 living with her parents and just telling them that she stayed over a friends house in the night, but in fact, she was out drinking like the stereotypical teen. I'm not saying every teen is like this but there are obviously teens that do this.
(IMAGE TAKEN BY MACIEJ DAKOWICZ)


This is the sort of thing that people wouldn't see while walking to their job or going home, it's only small and would be very hard to see but this shows the sort of eye some photographers can have.
(IMAGE TAKEN BY SIEGFRIED HANSEN)

Cardiff After Dark
This one, also taken by MACIEJ DAKOWICZ is really humorous. It shows how different British police can be compared to other nations, the police go out, observe what is right and what's not, and if everything is fine they have fun themselves, most of the time it seems like they're messing about with the locals but why not? It isn't doing any harm and just shows how our country can be fun. I believe this photo was taking in Cardiff, the city I shot in a few weeks ago, as I was looking though Dakowicz's gallery I searched him up and found out he was a Polish street photographer which studied in the University of Glamorgan.
He is also best known for his series of photographs of Cardiff night life which was titled "Cardiff after Dark" which this was more than likely from, if you want to check out the other images then check the link out - http://www.in-public.com/MaciejDakowicz/gallery/102

I strongly recommend you check him out, I'm more than likely going to analyse some of his images for my photography as I really like them, the way he captures the photos just makes me stop and think about drunk the Welsh can get, I feel slightly insulted looking through these and seeing a woman literally laying down next to the biggest pile of take away rubbish you'll probably ever see haha.

This post was obviously about other photographers images and not mine, I'm thinking of posting some pictures I get tomorrow if I end up going out, (the weather is very bad ATM) it'll be a mixture of nature and street, it's an abandoned house, if I do go there and it's better than expected I'll try and create a sense of loneliness etc. 
Thanks for reading my post, make sure to follow my Twitter page and personal Instagram page!
https://twitter.com/StreetShots_ds


I'm off to sleep, here's a picture of a bunny which I found randomly in my shed like last year.
Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment