Friday, 19 February 2016

Abandoned House

So this post isn't really street related, or skateboarding related. But that didn't stop me posting a few photos of nature, I'd say this is better than nature though, as it has potential to mix with street through clothing styles and different people.

Me and 3 other friends went to an abandoned house. You can mix this with clothing obviously through capturing the clothes with a really run down background, which would be the house we were in, although I didn't really do this as the second we were in to the second we got out I was slightly on edge. There were a lot of lit up rooms around the house but there were also parts of the house which were pitch black. Using our mobile phone torches didn't do much, and using my flash on my camera just to look around didn't do much either, there was a bright flash for half a second which made it feel more like a scary movie haha.

Anyway, we started off by having to get there first, it was a long walk up a really steep hill, the house is located right next to a farmers house so it's pretty dodgy as you just don't want the farmer seeing you, I'm not sure what he'd do but obviously I wasn't gonna stand around and find out, on the left there is a path which leads up the mountain, on the right was the driveway that leads to the house (or shall we call it a mansion because it was actually huge, although it was a Victorian house I'm really not sure what it is). So we had to walk up the mountain path and then cut through the tree and bushes to sneak into the property without anyone knowing, as I type this it feels so dodgy haha, I'm gonna start and show the photos.
(I didn't get any of the house in full view, but you can see some of it from the outside in a few images).



So we went around the house out to the back, and there was a stable/shed sort of thing.
It was wrecked and most of it had fallen down, the upstairs was seriously dodgy and I only went up there like once to get a few pictures.


This was the basement of the stable/shed. We didn't go down here.















 First look inside the house, was pretty creepy.

This is the first room I walked into, it's got such a creepy atmosphere to it, tiny room, very grimy, the image would have been nicer though if I took a few steps back and got the ceiling in, the rooms were really tall.



 Finding this piano was so scary, we walked into the first big room, to find a small chair and a piano, what made it worse was that only 1 or 2 keys actually worked and they had the most terrifying sounds ever haha.





I had to use flash in some of these as some areas were so dark you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face.






I like these two images above as it has a natural green plant standing out behind a lot of rusty, black and dirty artificial colours,


This one caused a stir between me and Seekio as we think we can see a ghost haha. It's pretty creepy but probably not real, I'll add a cropped version at the end of the post.





So the adventure was successful I guess, I didn't really have time to think about many of my photos as I was quite on edge and most of it was dark too, we also went down into the basement/cellar too but I actually don't have any photos of being down there, it was the darkest part of the house, I couldn't focus any photos at all even at manual focus I couldn't find the right depth of field which was being created. 



So back to this image, it's probably not a ghost but still quite chilling nonetheless. Can you see it?

Here it is more cropped.
And here it is fully cropped to a blatant framing. It's pretty creepy finding it after being in the house, I probably won't go again as there's no point, unless I wanna film some scary short film I guess. 


Thanks a lot for reading and looking through my images, there won't be much of this content but there will be some, I may be going to another abandoned place on Monday, more than likely but plans do fail a lot of the time.
If you liked this give me feedback on my blog overall, and make sure to follow my twitter to interact with me!

https://twitter.com/StreetShots_ds



No comments:

Post a Comment